The Guard Dog

The Guard Dog

Too munch at lunch

Recently Mr. Timothy Reidy has been holding meetings on the possibility of a one period lunch.  This would entail all of the school eating lunch at the same time, as of now the 6th and 8th graders eat during 5th period and the 7th eat during 4th.     

If this is implemented, the school cafeteria will overflow with students, despite the fact that the cafeteria full capacity is only 201 people (by order of the fire marshall). Some students will be forced to eat lunch outside, not that its bad, but some people prefer to eat inside than outside, because outside it pretty reckless (one time I was eating outside and got hit in the face by a soccer ball). More kids out on the yard makes a higher probability of kids getting into a argument and starting a fight. I know this by fact because when I ate outside with my friends we almost  got in a argument with the soccer kids, and the guards don’t help most of the time. Anyway the student body is more than three times the capacity in the cafeteria. I honestly can picture the breezeway overflowing with kids and everyone just fighting for a spot. Also another drawback is the buildup of all these ideas just building and never happening, for example the block schedule the one period lunch the dress code issue, the list goes on and this will just add to it.

The pros are also pretty interesting, they include… the teachers all getting a break all together which could be reckless in the lounge but it could be beneficial.  Also it could benefit mix classes like electives and it could also help with skipping class and keeping kids in the cafeteria. I guess it is a matter of the needs of the students or the needs of the teachers. I will leave you with all of this and allow you to form your opinion which I hope you will share with us.

1 Comment

One Response to “Too munch at lunch”

1. John Abbot (THE TAKER) on May 16th, 2018 3:43 pm

Food is life

• Too munch at lunch

JLMS News

Memories from 2017-2018

• Too munch at lunch

JLMS News

Outdoor seating!?!?

• Too munch at lunch

JLMS News

Frankly Mr. Reidy, your ideas for lunch are trash

• Too munch at lunch

History

Golden State Killer: Unmasked?

• Too munch at lunch

Bulldog Blast

Yanny or Laurel?

• Too munch at lunch

Culture

Restorative Circle? Naahhh…

• Too munch at lunch

JLMS News

Donald Trump is Canceling Honduran TPS

• Too munch at lunch

JLMS News

7th grade testing schedule

• Too munch at lunch

Bulldog Blast

People who are part of the LGBTQ+ community: Alan Turing

• Too munch at lunch

Bulldog Blast

People who were LGBTQ+ that changed the world

Too munch at lunch